School uniform should be the least of a parent’s worries. That’s why UNISON’s very own charity, There for You, gives School Uniform Grants to members who need a helping hand in getting their kids kitted out for the new term.
The UNISON 2023 School Uniform Grant Programme will open on the 1 June 2023 in two phases 08.30am and 5pm with 1000 applications being released at each time, therefore if you meet the criteria, please set a reminder in your diary’s and apply as soon as possible on the day.
UNISON can help with a one off payment of £50.00 per school aged child up to a maximum of £150.00. We want to make this fund go as far as possible and help as many members as we can. Please only apply if you are in financial difficulty. There is a limited amount in the School Uniform
All applications should be submitted online. Once launched, the application form will go live here:https://www.unison.org.uk/get-help/services-support/there-for-you/school-uniform-grant/
Applications will be made online. You cannot apply before these times.
School Uniform Grant 2023 eligibility:
- Be a UNISON member
- Have paid at least four weeks subscriptions at the time of applying. Subscriptions must be up to date.
- Not have received a grant through our main applications since 01 December 2022
- Not have received more than £750 in total if within the first year of membership
- Have savings (including the total rolling balance on current accounts) below £1,000 to qualify.
- Be financially responsible for school aged child(ren) and receiving Child Benefit for them. By school aged we mean children aged between 4-17 years old who will be returning to school in the autumn.
Only one application per household will be considered.
- you are on a low income:
- Net household income* of no more than £26,000/year (£2,166.67/month)
In receipt of means-tested benefits. This includes:
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Child and/or Working Tax Credits
- Pension Credit
- Means-tested Jobseekers Allowance
- Means-tested Employment Support Allowance
- Income Support
*by household income, we mean income from: salary payments, student finance payments, state retirement pension, occupational or private pensions, child maintenance.
Contact us via email: email@example.com